Saturday 26 July 2014

Lego Build: The Hobbit, An Unexpected Gathering (Part 1/5)

So, in the previous post I said I would be doing a better job of recording this build than I did for my last big lego build. So here I go. The light changes a lot between each image because of weather variations.

Stage 1 is comprised of the first brick bag, the three large plates found loose in the box and the first half of instruction booklet 1.

I changed the background to a solid colour to get a better contrast.

Tipped out and sorted it ends up looking a little like this...



Which according to the instructions should produce something a little like this...

As per standard for lego minifigures must be assembled before any construction can take place. (if only a disapproving presence when you fail to complete their home)

Block separator included for scale
Isn't Bilbo just a little cutie pie? The build progressed pretty quickly on from there and once I had the basic flat base I figured I should stop and have something to eat (because 3pm is pushing the definition of 'lunch' a bit much. I'd make such an awful hobbit). It also happened to be a good spot to take a progress shot!

Taadaa!
I then moved onto the walls and interior steadily building up the hill aroud the outside. This eventually ended up looking like so.

The rain was really heavy so I had to move somewhere else to get enough light
Which looks pretty much like...


So I guess that would be considered a sucess!

In a book case to keep it safe and to lessen the temptation to build more.
Next Time - Stage 2



Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3, Stage 4, Special Features

No comments:

Post a Comment